Jan 18 2012

To Lose Weight-Eat Water

Published by at 2:33 pm under Uncategorized

Pork Chop Dinner with broccoli and mushrooms

Foods that have a high water content—fruit, vegetables, yogurt, milk, soup, and so on—weigh more, but the weight comes from water, not calories. Research conducted by Barbara Rolls at Penn State University suggests that over the course of a day we eat about two to three pounds of food. When we eat foods that weigh more but have fewer calories we feel full, and this makes staying on a diet much easier. For example, compare the calories in one pound of the following foods: apples, 260 calories; bread, 1,120 calories; beef, 1,132 calories; and broccoli, 128 calories. To use water to your dieting advantage you simply add fruit and vegetables to every meal.  The simple way to do this at meals is to fill half your plate with vegetables. Learn more about “eating water” in For the Love of Food- the diet that works or try the menu for Pork Chop Dinner with Broccoli and Mushrooms

7 responses so far

7 Responses to “To Lose Weight-Eat Water”

1. sebrinaon 03 Sep 2012 at 10:41 pm

Thank You!! Easy to understand and very helpful!!

2. eileenBon 05 Sep 2012 at 12:49 pm

Sebrina,
    I am very happy this post was helpful to you. You might want to check out this youtube video I created about “wet” and “dry” snacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4V2j_8LYJU

3. [...] Don’t get hungry, eat three meals and snack on foods  that help with hunger; “wet foods“. [...]

4. bjsat.orgon 14 Jul 2013 at 3:29 am

Hiya! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I’m
    trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!

5. Anorexia Tipson 17 Aug 2013 at 6:25 am

Ηeya і’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

6. eileenBon 03 Sep 2013 at 10:04 pm

Clobeca Design in Florida helps me with web design, they might have suggestions for you.

7. eileenBon 16 Sep 2013 at 4:01 pm

Thanks for your comment, I am glad it was helpful.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS